A delicious salad that combines grilled chicken with apple and grapes in a creamy dressing. Santé Candied Walnuts are a sweet and crunchy addition to this flavor packed salad.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 package Santé Candied Walnuts
Apple Cider and Chive Dressing:
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, chives, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper; grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes; cut into bite-size pieces.
Add chicken, spinach, celery, apple, grapes and avocado to large bowl; toss with Apple Cider and Chive Dressing. Toss with candied walnuts and serve.